Thursday, February 10, 2011

Who do you Choose as a Buyer's Agent?

We are heading into the busiest real estate season of the year. If you are thinking of purchasing a home, who do you choose as an agent to help you? I realize there are many qualified agents out there for you to choose from. I can only offer you what I would expect, myself, if I were looking looking for an agent. I would want someone who:



- is available to me and returns my calls within a reasonable amount of time


- knows what is a good value or not


- has enough experience to have a foundation for proper buyer representation


- was on top of the listings on the market that met my criteria


- I would feel comfortable working with and spending time in a car touring homes


- would be patient with me and show me that they are looking out for my best interests, instead of just wanting to earn a commission


- could point out red flags that could affect resale value


- would be honest about any conditions of a property that needed special attention or consideration


- would advise me on a competitive offer price without feeling I over-paid for the property.


- would completely inform me of the seller's situation and any factors that may affect my offer price


- would communicate clearly the details of the contract, what I was agreeing to, and what terms were typical for the industry


- would provide reasonable solutions to any problems that arise throughout the escrow process


- would be able to negotiate and resolve any issues between the seller and me


- would advise me on what repairs or closing costs were reasonable to ask the seller to pay


- would be available after close of escrow so that I could maintain a resource for answering real estate questions






If you share my beliefs, then give me a call and let's get started! 760-458-0797 Additional facts that you need to know:






- 10 years experience


- Accredited Buyer Representative


- Master degree in Business Administration


- Computer Science undergraduate degree


- Amoung Top Producers in office


- GREEN designation

No comments:

Post a Comment